Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme: Eligibility and Benefits
A state-funded programme called the Bihar Student Credit Card enables students in Bihar who are struggling financially to complete their higher education. The Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayata Bhata Yojana includes the Bihar Student Credit Card system, which was introduced in 2016. (MNSSBY). The sanctioned amount under this programme may be paid for with a credit card.
Top Features of Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
(i) Students who have completed their intermediate or 12th-grade education in Bihar Government-run educational institutions are eligible for this programme.
(ii) Students may receive a loan of up to Rs. 4 Lakh under this programme.
The loan money may be used to pay for general, polytechnic, or technical programmes of study. Additionally, you can use the loan money to pay tuition or to buy study aids like books, stationery, and a laptop.
(iii) This programme has a modest 4% chargeable interest rate. The interest rate is 1% for females, transgender people, and those with disabilities.
(iv) The programme allows for flexible payment options because students must repay the borrowed money once they have completed their study and found a job.
Eligibility for Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
You will be eligible to apply for a Bihar student credit card if you fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of Bihar.
- The age limit for Bihar student credit cards is 25 years and above.
- You must have completed and passed 12th class.
- You must have completely finished your studies/course from an authorised institution.
- You must have passed Moulvi students from recognised institutes located in Bihar
- You must be a Sub-Shastri student from institutions recognised by Bihar State Sanskrit Education Board
- The loan shall not be provided to graduate degree holders for pursuing graduate-level courses in any other faculty. However, you will be eligible for pursuing technical and management courses
- Your CIBIL score must be more than or equal to 700
- You must have enrolled or been selected for pursuing higher education at educational institutions recognised by concerned regulatory boards/agencies of the Government of Bihar or other state or central governments.